Thursday, June 17, 2010


Yes, I finally had Brookx, 7 days overdue, at 11:51 p.m. She was 6 lbs 14 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. I started contractions around 5:30 p.m., and Chris was ready to drive me straight to the hospital. Of course, I thought I was possibly having some false labor, so I wouldn't go. Finally around 8:30 p.m. I decided to go to the hospital and was there for a little more than 3 hours before I had her. I sure was tired! We didn't get moved into a room until 3 a.m. and then I woke up at 5 a.m.with the worst cramps ever. I didn't realize the pain with your uterus shrinking gets more painful with each child! They lasted on and off for 2 hours. Brookx was such a angel that I decided to go home early and left the hospital less than 24 hours after having her. What a mistake! That night was the worst night EVER!! I was in more pain and she cried all night long without ever sleeping!Anyway, I have not gotten a lot of sleep with her. She is not quite as good as Maddy was who was a power nurser (5 minutes total) and would go right back to sleep. Brookx loves to take her sweet time and then wants to stay up for 1 or 2 hours to see what is going on. Anyway, we all love her. The kids adore her. They haven't shown a hint of jealousy. They kiss her and hold her all day long. They really like to help me out- grabbing diapers, wipes, blankets, etc. It is very sweet.

Proud Dad holding Brookx at the hospital.

Nixon loving his sister.

Maddy and Nixon meet Brookx for the first time!

Proud grandparents!


Brookx first day home!


Maddy LOVES her baby sister.


More proud grandparents who were here for 2 weeks awaiting the birth of Brookx.

Nixon really loves his new baby sister. He told me he wanted me to have more babies that are just like Brookx. I told him that each baby will always be different. And he said, "But I love baby Brookx! I want more." I reminded him that was exactly what he had said about Madyx when she was a baby.

This is what happens when I have no free hands and am stuck in a chair nursing! Maddy got into lip gloss and made quite a mess!

Nixon was able to go fishing with his cousins and grandpa. He was so excited and so proud that he caught these fish. He hasn't been this excited about something for a long time. He was up until 10 p.m. helping clean the fish and talking about catching them.

10 comments:

kg said...

Yay!! Congratulations Courtney and family, she's perfect and totally looks like a Mooney! :) Hope you're getting lots of rest!

E said...

Congrats to the whole family!

Elizabeth said...

She is SO CUTE! I can't believe she is so awake in those pictures. My kids still come running when Avery has her eyes open. There are times when I am nursing and Ella and Cameron are fighting and I just start laughing because Hey what can I do.

WOLF-PACK said...

Congrats from the Wolfley bunch!!!

Brock and Layne Andersen Family said...

I am so glad that all went well. She is just a cutie.....and I of course LOVE the name!!! I must say that I always wanted to leave the hospital as soon as I could after having the baby...BUT not on the last one....my last one they practically had to "kick me out"....cuz I was really enjoying the room service, peace and quiet, nurses changing diapers, the nursery etc...I am believer in staying as long as possible now:)

The Lakes said...

She is gorgeous! You have beautiful children. We are coming to Oregon the first two weeks in July. We want to see you!!! Can you send me your phone number? My email address is robkimcambrie@hotmail.com
So glad everything went well. :)

BeeP said...

Congrats! I'm so happy she is hear safely. She is beautiful. I hope your pain stops! Ouch!

Leslie said...

Those after pains are a killer. And no one seems to remember to tell you about them. She is beautiful and I have never seen such big smiles on Madyx. Good luck with three, I know just how hard it can be.

D.B. said...

Congrats, at least she wasn't too big even after coming late. Looks like you are all doing well. Good luck with the zone defense :)

Kara said...

Courtney,
You look way to beautiful and fresh in that top picture to have just had a baby :). Congratulations!!