While I was busy with Brookx, Chris was watching the kids jump on the trampoline with the sprinklers under it - NOT! I went out to check on the kids when I realized Chris was not outside, and I wasn't happy to find Maddy had ruined her 2nd swim suit in the mud. This was too funny. The kids had taken the sprinkler off the hose and made their own "mud slide" down the side of our hill. They had made quite a trench to slide down by the time they were done.
This is Brookx at 3 weeks old - she is about 7 1/2 lbs. She is pretty alert and always wants to see what is going on.
Maddy loves her new "tutu" dress and her rain boots. What a great combination for hot weather walking!It has been fun these past few weeks. Brookx is sleeping better and crying less (now that she is on liquid Zantac to help with reflux and indigestion). Nixon had his 5th birthday at a park, which I hate to admit that we have NO pictures! We were both so busy with all the people there and getting things organized that we forgot to take pictures. Nixon had a blast having a ton of friends there and playing hard. He said it was his best birthday ever and wanted to start talking about the planning of next years birthday. I told him we had 365 days to think about it, so maybe we should wait until it got a little bit closer. I kept telling him he was finally 5 years old and he said, "Really? Am I really 5?" I told him yes and he said as he looked in the mirror, "But I look EXACTLY the same as when I was 4." Apparently he is supposed to magically change into a "BIGGER" boy with each birthday.
A few days after Nixon's birthday he went on an eleven day trip with his cousins (and my brother and sis-in-law) to our annual family camping trip 1000 miles away. We decided last minute to not go for various reasons. He has had a blast and is coming back tonight. We heard he has been a very good boy and can't wait to see him! We have missed him. Maddy has survived without him, as she has now been more the center of our attention.
4 comments:
What cute kids! Congrats on your new addition.
She is very cute. Happy belated birthday to Nixon.
Hi Court! Glad to hear the Brookx is sleeping a bit better and her temperament has improved! Thanks for posting your adorable pictures and family updates. We miss your whole family and would love to see you soon. Maybe a day at the lake?
yay! we finally have a redhead! i've heard from about three people that brookx looks like a mini pat. i think i kind of agree.
love you court!
Post a Comment